Advocacy - State & Local
State & Local
For the state, local and education technology marketplace, we put our member companies in front of key officials in major markets to discuss their IT investment strategy and plans. These discussions are focused on the specific market needs, challenges and opportunities when acquiring technology goods and services to meet their current and future IT needs and goals. We also educate these officials about technologies ranging from cloud computing to cybersecurity.
ITI Applauds White House CIO Executive Order
(May 15, 2018)
WASHINGTON – Trey Hodgkins, ITI’s senior vice president of public sector, released the following statement about the new White House Executive Order reinforcing and requiring agencies to have a strongly ...
ITI Hires Senior Senate Communications Advisor to Lead External Affairs
(January 10, 2018)
WASHINGTON – ITI, the global voice of the tech sector, announced today that Ashley Berrang will join the organization next week to lead its communications outreach and external affairs team as senior vice ...
Tech Commends White House Modernization Efforts
(December 13, 2017)
WASHINGTON – The IT Alliance for the Public Sector (ITAPS), a division of ITI, released the following statement from senior vice president for the public sector Trey Hodgkins commending the White House ...
ITAPS Commends Advancement of Critical Information Technology Modernization Legislation
(November 09, 2017)
WASHINGTON – The IT Alliance for the Public Sector (ITAPS), a division of ITI, commends the House and Senate conferees for including key government IT modernization provisions in the National Defense Authorization ...
Tech Applauds the Senate for Passing MGT Act
(September 18, 2017)
WASHINGTON – The IT Alliance for the Public Sector (ITAPS), a division of ITI, released a statement from Senior Vice President for the Public Sector Trey Hodgkins commending Senators Moran (R-Kan.), Udall ...
Tech Groups Urge Senate to Pass Bipartisan Modernizing Government Technology Act
(September 14, 2017)
WASHINGTON – The IT Alliance for the Public Sector (ITAPS), a division of ITI, joined a chorus of technology groups including BSA | The Software Alliance, the Professional Services Council, TechNet, and ...
Tech Industry Task Force Offers Recommendations to the White House on Modernizing Federal IT
(September 13, 2017)
WASHINGTON— Today the technology industry released sweeping recommendations to the White House on steps the U.S. government can take to modernize its aging and vulnerable federal information technology ...
Tech Industry Reacts to White House IT Modernization Report
(August 31, 2017)
ITAPS Announces it is Preparing Ambitious Tech Industry Recommendations to Modernize Government IT WASHINGTON—The IT Alliance for Public Sector (ITAPS), a division of tech industry trade group ITI, released ...
ITAPS Calls for Senate to Act After House Passes Federal IT Modernization Bill
(May 17, 2017)
WASHINGTON – The IT Alliance for the Public Sector (ITAPS), a division of technology trade group ITI, called on the U.S. Senate to act on the Modernizing Government Technology (MGT) Act, bipartisan legislation ...
Not Just Labs of Democracy, States Drive Innovation Too
(February 23, 2018)
States have long been considered laboratories of democracies and increasingly are becoming cradles of innovation. Governors across the country are leading the charge in leveraging emerging technologies ...
Government Procurement Moves to Center Stage in NAFTA Renegotiations
(January 23, 2018)
This week, NAFTA negotiators will meet once again to renegotiate the 23-year-old, critically important trade agreement between the United States and two of its largest trading partners, Mexico and Canada. ...
Tech’s Legislative Outlook for 2018: Building on 2017’s Momentum for Modernization
(January 11, 2018)
The start of the 115th Congress and new administration not only marked an era of profound political change, but it also presented a unique and timely opportunity to modernize outdated policies. Lawmakers ...
A Step in the Right Direction for Government IT Modernization
(December 13, 2017)
This week, President Trump signed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2018 (FY18) and federal IT contractors should note the changes it brings for them. We commend the Senate ...
Let’s Give Americans an Early Holiday Gift by Returning to Regular Order
(December 07, 2017)
“Regular order” for government funding used to mean a systematic cadence of work by the appropriations committees and both chambers of Congress to fashion a spending bill before the start of the new fiscal ...
- ITAPS SaaS Comments Extension Request (October 19, 2018)
- ITAPS Testimony OGRC Hearing on Security Clearances (October 11, 2017)
- ITAPS Response to ATC Request for Comments on IT Modernization (September 21, 2017)
- ITAPS White House Recommendations to Modernize Government IT (September 18, 2017)
- ITAPS and CompTia Letter on California's A.B. 1546 Contractor Evaluation Legislation (June 15, 2017)
- ITAPS Minnesota 1819 IT Budget Improvements (May 16, 2017)
- ITAPS House Letter of Support for MGT Act (April 28, 2017)
- ITAPS Senate Letter of Support for the MGT Act (April 28, 2017)
- ITAPS Letter Endorsing Amy Tong for CA CIO & CDT Director April 14, 2017 (April 19, 2017)
- ITAPS Trey Hodgkins Testimony on Federal IT Modernization Before House Oversight Committee Hearing (March 28, 2017)
- ITAPS Minnesota FY 18-19 IT Budget Improvements Letter (March 07, 2017)
- ITAPS Business Association Coalition Letter on NY Buy America Proposal (March 01, 2017)
- ITAPS Federal IT Priorities in a Trump Administration (December 16, 2016)
- ITAPS Senate Letter on MGT Act (November 16, 2016)
- ITAPS State IT Terms and Conditions Best Practices (October 27, 2016)
- ITAPS Letter Supporting the Modernizing Government Technology Act (September 15, 2016)
- ITAPS TX SB 20 House Affairs Testimony (August 08, 2016)
- ITAPS State Cyber Best Practices (June 14, 2016)
- ITAPS Response on Mobile Category Management Policy (May 02, 2016)
- ITAPS Response to GSA Cybersecurity Services RFI (April 20, 2016)
- ITAPS Comments in Response to the Federal Source Code Policy (April 19, 2016)
- ITAPS Comments on State of Oregon's SaaS Template Terms and Conditions (November 20, 2015)